1. Lavender essential oil
- Diffuse three drops of Lavender oil and two drops of Cedarwood oil 1 hour before bed.
- Apply diluted Lavender oil on the wrists, temples, or soles of your feet for a soothing effect.
- Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule before sleeping.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here
✳️Download a free printable pdf with recipes and tips for sleep and relaxation.
2. Vetiver essential oil is a sleep champion!
- Pair Vetiver oil with calming oils like Lavender and Roman Chamomile in your diffuser. Start diffusing ideally one hour before sleep, so the room will smell amazing when your head hits the pillow.
- Add a single drop of Vetiver oil to your wrists or diffusing it in the room before bedtime.
- Pillow Spray: Mix Vetiver oil with distilled water in a spray bottle to create a calming pillow mist. Just spritz it on your pillow before sleep.
- Bath Soak: Add a few drops of Vetiver oil to a warm bath with some Epsom salts.
- Hot Tip: Vetiver is a very thick oil. Hold it in your hands or tuck it under your shirt for a few minutes. Warmth will help the oil to extract smoothly.
3. Sweet Dreams are made of Roman Chamomile
- Apply Roman Chamomile oil to the bottoms of your feet during your bedtime routine
- Add a few drops to a warm bath and enjoy the sweet aroma. (It is safe for babies too!)
- Do you like tea? What about a drop of Roman Chamomile in hot water right after dinner?
4. Frankincense essential oil for relaxation and calming the mind
- Just a few drops of Frankincense in your diffuser or applied on your temples (and/or the bottom of your feet), and you're off to sleep!
5. Make a Peaceful Pillow Mist
- Add a few drops of calming essential oil to a spray bottle and mix with a few ounces of water. Use the spray bottle to spritz the mixture over your pillows and bedding before sleeping to create a restful environment.
- Try these pairings:
- Lavender + Cedarwood
- Bergamot + Vetiver
- Hawaiian Sandalwood + Ylang Ylang
6. Serenity restful blend
Serenity restful blend creates a relaxing atmosphere when added to the diffuser before bedtime. Essential oils inside this blend are Lavender, Coriander, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver and Sandalwood.
- Add a few drops to your diffuser before bedtime
- Try some of the recipes in the graphic above
7. Balance grounding blend
Balance grounding blend helps you stay calm and centered. Essential oils in this blend are Black Spruce, Ho Leaf, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile and Osmanthus Flower.
- Apply a drop on the bottom of your feet am and pm
- Add a a few drops to the diffuser in the evening
8. Myrrh essential oil
9. Clary Sage essential oil
- Diffuse or apply to a pillow at night to create an environment for restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Rub five drops on your abdomen during your menstrual cycle for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water with Epsom salts.
10. Marjoram essential oil
- For a pleasant, personal massage, gently apply one to two drops of Marjoram oil to the back of your neck and shoulders for a relaxing aroma and a soothing, stimulating effect on the skin.
- Add three to four drops of Marjoram oil to your favorite diffuser and delight in the warm, inviting aroma, whether preparing for bed, spending a night in, or at the office.
- Create your own linen spray by combining a few drops of Marjoram and Lavender oil in a glass spray bottle with water and spritz on your sheets and linens for a tranquil fragrance.